Monday, June 3, 2013

Unknown Carp


I went fishing the other day and caught this weird looking Carp. The funny thing is, I used to see it jump in a bay and I thought it was a giant record bluegill!!! So I was fishing using my hair rigged white bread ball after it finally rained during summer. We haven’t had rain all summer, so after the rain, the mud made the shoreline extremely murky; completely no visibility at all. I got a really strong bite on my fishing rod and decided to reel it in.

By the way, when you are using a circle hook, even with a hair rig, you aren’t supposed to set the hook. Just keep tension and reel it in. The circle hook is designed to automatically set the hook by using tension from the line and the rod, which makes fishing a lot easier.

 

Anyways when I reeled it in, it fought somewhat hard because it took some line periodically. When I reeled it in and finally landed it, I was shocked! I still have no idea what this is because in later posts, you will see several small carp, but none of them looked as oddly shaped as this one. I am guessing it’s some kind of Hybrid, or Crucian Carp.

And managed to squeeze a few of these guys also:

No comments:

Post a Comment