Thursday, June 13, 2013

Caught a few more


Had a few hours to spare so I decided to go fishing one late afternoon and maybe try some fly fishing.

I noticed there wasn't as much sunning carp as usual so I decided to use my corn set-up instead of going straight to fly fishing. I caught 7 of them all around 6-7 lbers, but I wish I hooked into those 15+ lbers I could see sunning. I got a lot of bites and missed a lot, which could be those irregularly small carp I used to catch last summer.

So after an hour of that, I decided to try fly fishing since more sunners and roaming carp were showing up. It was a disaster to begin with, because I noticed I couldn't even see my fly when I dipped it in the water because the water visibilty was like a foot. Also, I'm halfway or a quarter way up the hill, like in the picture shown, and I keep snagging onto the hill behind me; so complete fail.

On a positive note, at least I managed to hook into a few, and I'm a lot more comfortable casting with a fly rod; unless there is an obstruction behind me.





No comments:

Post a Comment