Thursday, June 13, 2013

Carp Snagging


*I don’t condone to snagging fish anymore, BUT I believe all the fish I released back after being snagged were unharmed. Believe it or not, nearly all fish I have hooked in the mouth or foul hooked from still fishing almost always resulted in blood in the mouth or on the chin area, whereas none of the carp I snagged drew no or very little blood*

 

So first time I accidentally snagged a gigantic 18 lber, casting all the way to the other side... I've also heard there are tons of carp on the other side

Second day, I walk all the way to the other side where there's a huge hill, and see no fish

third day, I go there again and the weather is a lot warmer, and I see hundreds of them, but none of them will eat bread

fourth day, I try a bait that has caught me lots of carp at this place, corn....but it still doesn't work...so now I'm angry and try snagging them, and caught huge scales, and dropped my keys in which I had to search for them for an HOUR

fifth day, my mind is set on snagging, and I made a rig specifically for it. By the way I can't tell you how many times I fell down this damn hill and being seen by other people that are fishing, but I really didn't care because they didn't catch anything anyways. I ended up catching 6 in an hour, and probably fell down the hill 6 times that day but it was worth it. The absolute best part of it was, I have NEVER seen carp jump so high while being hooked. They were easily jumping 3 feet off the surface and trying to shake the hook off their tale, it was an amazing sight to see. Not only that, but the fish would never give up unlike being hooked in the mouth. It was like I was hooking steelhead on crack. Too bad I couldn't get the jumping on film...



No comments:

Post a Comment