Thursday, June 6, 2013

Beginning of Fall

*Note that youtube is messing with my channel right now and it cannot be viewed at the time of this post*


I usually catch bigger at Chinook Landing but here is a little guy:


I’ve caught a lot of these guys here, but I have also caught a few 5 lbers as well. I can’t seem to find these pictures for some reason.


As you enter Chinook Landing, you would enter these small gates that have SALMON on it. It’s kind of hard to miss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People keep asking me about the Salmon gates, but if you take one second of your life, and look on google maps or earth, you could visually see it. Anyways once you enter the salmon gates, you will see two bodies of water on your right and one backwater on your left. They all have carp in it. The rigs that I don’t use because I don’t like hooking worms anymore, BUT they work decently well out here is a normal nightcrawler rig either on the float but I would rather preffer off the bottom.

Another thing I am going to harp about is people keep asking me what kind of rig or bait do you use? I get asked this at least a few times a day, well my answer is always going to be its ON MY BLOG. All Carp, Catfish, Pikeminnow, and on accident some bluegill were caught off my “MY CARP RIGS” entry. You can find that under one of the dates listed on the right side of my blog.
 
The rig I personally like to use the most at Chinook landing is MY CORN RIG. Once again specifics on it is located in “MY CARP RIGS” entry.
This pic below is a larger carp, but what I love about it is the off white color!!!
 
I just thought this pic below was funny when I saw it, but I forgot where I got it from:
 
Here is a pic of what a carp did to my net, and YES it broke my net like it was made out of string. In the pic you could kind of make out some fishing line on it, because I tried to fix the hole with 20 lb fishing line. Something tells me this net will never work again so I just keep it as a reference to how strong Carp are. The story behind the net is that I was sight fishing for carp, and when I set the hook, this guy next to me netted it within one second of me setting the hook. Rule number one when fighting a carp, always, I mean ALWAYS LET THE CARP RUN. I always give a large carp one legitimate run before landing him. Believe it or not, I always land my carp without a net just like my first carp. You get a better connection with the fish, you should try it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment