Friday, June 14, 2013

RIVER MONSTER CARP! & Karp Herpes


Pictures speak louder than words:



Im in a very good mood so im going to tell you guys the main reason why i was able to catch this fish.

A youtube video popped up on my feed about how the carp fishing company called "Korda" has just came out with their own glugs. Glugs are basically watery liquid OR syrup that you apply on your bait. The reason why "Korda" developed their own glug is because the South Africans keep winning the "National Carp Championship", and their secret was the use of glugs.

The website called
http://www.underwatersecrets.co.uk/ has given me VAST knowledge of carp behavior and fishing. So much that EVERY VIDEO they have put out has helped me immensely. On top of that, the average length of each video is 2 minutes long so it is very easy to take in. Anyways their last video showed how carp would always strike at the glugged bait, regardless if there are a ton of non glugged baits in the area.

Then i seen more videos on why more syrup type glugs are better because they surround the whole area with a colorful scent

So i havent caught a carp at one of my favorite locations for SIX MONTHS using my hair rigged white bread ball. I am going to regret telling my secret but i rather inspire than to post a big fish and gloat about it. I bathed those hair rigs with strawberry syrup, and casted it out. An hour later and a school of about 15 males rushed my swim, and i have never seen this before, and i think the fat female of the group striked my bait.
 
On another note, here is another trip:
BEWARE...the following images may give you karp herpes
Anyways, had a great time catching carp like always. Caught about 18 Carp in 3-4 hours of fishing using a hair rigged bread ball, but most of them were about a pound, ranging from less than a pound to around 5 lbs.

Strange enough, most of my fish were hooked on the chin. I think what was happening is there would be a feeding frenzy around my hookbait, and eventually one of them would get hooked. The rest of the fish were hooked normally on the lip.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment