Wednesday, May 29, 2013

More Carp Fishing

I decided to go Carp fishing at one of my favorite Lakes for an hour in the morning and an hour at night. So for a total of two hours, I was able to land two beastly fish, the morning one being 15 lbs and the night time one being 18 lbs

The first fish, I was still fishing with a hair rigged white bread ball in about a foot of water in front of these rocks that were 30 feet away from me. I was busy texting my girlfriend, when my bite alarm starting going off! In the corner of my eye, I could see my line tightened and a fish going absolutely crazy on the surface of where I casted. For some reason this fish took me about 20 minutes or more to reel it in because it got tangled in some weeds. Luckily my Zebco Hawg Seeker Spincast Reel came with some 20 lb Cajun colored braided fishing line. I love the Cajun colored fishing line because in my opinion, it is more invisible to “carp eyes” than fluorocarbon. Another reason why it took me a while, is because my leader line was 8 lb test and I didn’t want to break the line. Here is a picture of the one I caught this morning:

 
On the night time fishing trip, I was fishing the same spot. Here are some pictures:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment