Monday, May 27, 2013

Carp fishing locations & Where I look up fishing information

Carp can be found in all different types of situations and depths. They are located in most waters near you. On my last post called MY CARP FISHING RIGS, I've described when to use specific types of rigs in different situations and locations. Locations and situations such as fishing around ducks, near rocks, pebble bottoms, near boulders, murky waters, dirty water, tailing/feeding fish, aggressive carp, sight fishing, grass, and reeds.

There are websites located on the right side of the blog under FISHING INFORMATION. These websites have helped me along my fishing journey greatly, and I recommend checking all of them out!

The Oregon Fishing Forum is a popular Oregon fishing forum, which seems to be dedicated to helping others in their own fishing journeys, and a place to show off your catches. I’m an active member on that site, but I’m mostly found in the Carp sub-forum.

Carp on the Fly is a Carp fishing blog about a popular fly fisherman in Oregon named John Montana who mainly targets Common Carp via fly angling. Before I began carp fishing, my co-worker talked to me about how Carp fishing is starting to blow up here in Oregon, and there is a fly fisherman that is making it more popular; John Montana. He also knows A LOT about Carp psychology, behavior, and of course, fly fishing.

The “Uploads by David Edwards” is a youtube channel of a Carp fisherman who documents Carp psychology, behavior, eating habits, and of course, fishing with a view VIA UNDERWATER CAMERA. It has given me VAST knowledge on Carp fishing, so much that EVERY VIDEO he puts out has significantly made me a better Carp fisherman. On top of that, the average length of each video is about 2 minutes long so it is very easy to take in.

Blazer Shane’s Blog is a blog about an Oregon fisherman who is great at catching different types of Oregon fish. His blog is phenomenal for it has videos, pictures, and it is very informative. He is also an active member on the Oregon Fishing Forum.

Oregon Fishing with George Permiakov is also one of the first people I’ve heard of when starting to Carp fish here in Oregon. He has helped me GREATLY on Carp fishing, and how to find them; although he wouldn’t think so because talking about Carp to him is natural. He is also an active member on the Oregon Fishing Forum.

No comments:

Post a Comment