Friday, May 17, 2013

Night time catfishing

Another fish that bites more during the night is the catfish. Other than carp, I've been able to catch bullhead catfish and small channel catfish. For these bottom feeders, I've been using around size 12 trebles and molding white bread around it. I think the reason why all these fish love bread, is because all the people around this lake throw bread to all the ducks. So free chum for me!

 Look how big that is compared to my size 11 foot!

Here's a another picture of the 3 lb bullhead catfish. This is big for a bullhead, since the oregon record is 3 lb something ounces.
 
I would rather use worms than bread in any other situation such as the Willamette River, but these pond catfish love white bread.
White bread is starting to become my favorite bait.


No comments:

Post a Comment